Well I thought I'd start my blog with my story of being a full-time dad.
Late Nov 08, I was happily working away for IT Consultancy in Perth, and one day the mining collapse (Global Economic Crisis) hit us and the next day I was on the streets. Well not literally, but no job and a wife and child to support.
Anyway after the initial shock, I rang around the recruitment companies and had some OK feedback but things were slowing for everyone. So post xmas and now mid-feb I am still looking for work and have mounting debt.
The great thing about this has been the time I have had to spend with my family and daughter. I am not sure if I would ever have had the time to engage and become so close to my daughter who is 17 months old.
I am avidly looking for work, but use th quiet times to get back to my childhood and play and smile and laugh with her. Isn't it amazing what opportunities arise from what at the time seem to be life changing catastrophic events.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment